On the morning of your visit, you will be picked up from your place of accommodation and will drive for approximately 50 Mins through scenic agricultural areas before arriving at the Sanctuary. Learn a little about the elephants, before changing into our uniform.
After being allocated bananas and sugar cane to feed to the elephants, you will walk with your guide through the Sanctuary, where you will find free-roaming elephants and hear their individual stories. You can touch, feed, photograph, and interact with the elephants at your leisure while you learn about their lifestyle and behaviors. After you have met all the elephants, get muddy with the elephants as you apply a healthy cosmetic mud treatment to their skin. Next, you will walk with the elephants to a nearby river and join them in the water for a refreshing bath. Take a swim and help bathe and brush the elephants while they wade through and play in the water.
Once the elephants are clean, you can take some final photos with them, and then it will be time to part ways with your new friends and change into some dry clothes. Finally, eat some seasonal fresh fruit, before enjoying once again the impressive rural scenery as you drive back to Chiang Mai.
- 06.30 -07.00 am Pick up from your hotel or accommodation.
- 07.30 am Drive approximately 50 Mins North of Chiang Mai through rolling hills, forest, and local farming areas.
- 08.30 am Arrive at Kanta Elephant Sanctuary. Walk through and learn about the elephants, change into traditional clothing and prepare fruits for our elephants.
- 09.00 am Meet the elephants. Feed, interact, and play with the elephants in a natural environment and get muddy as you learn about their behavior and history. Take photos with the elephants.
- 10.00 am Walk with the elephants to a river and bathe them.
- 11.00 am Get some tea, coffee and season fruit then say goodbye to the elephants. Leave Kanta Elephant Sanctuary and drive approximately 50 Mins back to Chiang Mai. Drop off at your hotel or accommodation.
Please Note: At the Sanctuary, we will allow you to spend as much time as possible with the elephants. Therefore, there is no formal schedule and aside from pick-up times, the times shown here are approximations.
WHAT TO BRING
|- Hat||- Towel|
|- Bathing Suit||- Walking Shoes|
|- Sunscreen||- Change of Clothes|
|- Insect Repellent||- Camera (Optional)|
- PICK UP/DROP OFF TO YOUR PLACE OF ACCOMMODATION IN CHIANG MAI
- ENGLISH-SPEAKING TOUR GUIDES
- ACCIDENT INSURRANCE
- SNACKS AND SEASON FRUIT ( NO LUNCH )
- DRINKING WATER
- FOOD FOR FEEDING ELEPHANTS
We also offer an additional photography service at no extra charge. Our photographers will take pictures throughout the day, and we will upload them to our Facebook page as soon as possible. For more information, please click HERE.
|Children 1 - 9 year Price||1,200||฿/Person|